An isostatic press forms and densifies powdered and cast materials using liquid or gas under extremely high pressure. Unlike mechanical force which compresses a workpiece from one or two sides, isostatic pressure is applied uniformly on all sides of an object, eliminating internal porosity without changing its net shape.
The Avure isostatic press line includes:
• Hot isostatic presses (HIP) employ pressurized heated gas for consolidation, densification, or bonding of high performance components and materials. Processed parts can achieve 100% of maximum theoretical density, with exceptional resistance to fatigue, impact, wear and abrasion. Ductility is improved and internal defects are healed.
Learn more about Avure hot isostatic presses
• Cold isostatic presses (CIP) utilize liquid pressure media to add green strength to preformed metal, ceramic or composite parts, and to consolidate containerized powder shapes.
Learn more about Avure cold isostatic presses
• Isostatic laminating presses produce LTCCs, MLCCs, and other multi-layer electronic packages at up to 20 times the throughput rate of conventional heated platen presses, with consistently higher product quality.
Learn more about Avure laminating presses
• High temperature thermocouples used in hot isostatic presses and other extreme temperature applications include Types S, B, R, W3 and W5.
• Upgrade or retrofit of your existing pressurization system, furnace, controls, cooling, electrical or hydraulic systems make older presses operate like new. That is one reason why the great majority of our presses sold since the 1960s are still in operation.
Isostatic presses that meet strict international standards
Avure isostatic presses are engineered to maximize safety and reliability while offering the most advanced technical solutions and the widest range of operating parameters. All Avure presses are designed to be CE marked, and to meet PED, The European Pressure Equipment Directive, and ASME Section VIII, Division 3 code requirements (the American Society of Mechanical Engineers). Whether you are responsible for part production or general materials research, Avure has an isostatic press that will fit your requirements and provide decades of economical service.