Isostatic Laminating Presses
For Multi-Layer Electronic Modules
Avure has developed a series of high pressure isostatic laminating presses for the cost-effective lamination of a variety of electronic components including MLCC's, LTCC's, hybrid chips, ferrites, Base Metal Element packages, multi-layer PZTs, medical electronics and implant devices, electronic filters, varistors, Bluetooth components, fuel cells, and other multi-layer modules.
Huge gains in productivity
Avure's isostatic laminators offer throughput rates up to 20 times those of traditional uniaxial heated platen presses. The large, fully accessible work basket will hold numerous vacuum-bagged parts in horizontal stacks or vertical rows, and can accommodate packages up to 20" in length. Multiple packages of varying sizes can be laminated in a single 3-10 minute cycle
No trade-off between speed and quality
Even with its overwhelming productivity advantages, the Avure isostatic laminator produces finished modules with virtually flawless quality:
- Evenly distributed lamination pressure prevents package distortion
- Shrinkage is precisely controlled, and part-to-part variation is eliminated
- Excellent heat transfer to all areas of the part ensures uniform lamination
- No rounding of edges or camber
- No edge trimming
- No in-cycle part rotation
- Rejected parts and scrap costs are significantly reduced
The product line includes models with operating pressures up to 30,000 psi. These can easily handle the higher pressure requirements of water-based ceramic tapes and base metal element design packages.
Important design features include:
- Stainless steel pressure vessels designed to meet all international pressure vessel requirements and for operation in potable water
- A wide selection of standard laboratory and production models from 7" (178 mm) to 20" (508 mm) vessel diameters, temperature capability to 200 F (93 C), and operating pressures from 5,000 psi (345 bar) to 30,000 psi (2000 bar)
- Complete use of the entire cylindrical pressure vessel for processing
- Options for clean room environments
- Small footprint for low ceiling heights and space conservation. Housed in a single cabinet, the Avure isostatic laminator is easy to install and even easier to operate.